You're out on the road with Masked Intruder and Throwing Stuff with a stop at ManchFESTer on Saturday. What are your feelings about this completely mixed bag of music and returning to play another ManchFESTer?
How did the Red Scare relationship come about?
How did the Specialist Subject Relationship come about?
If Andew (SSR) and Toby (RSI) had to fight each other to the death - who'd win?
What are some things you've learned from touring in the past year that you'd never known before? What have you picked up off supporting bands that have been playing longer than I (the interviewer) have been able to run?
2. Brendan Kelly – Drive your own road. Find the weird bars and hide away all afternoon, be tight, be wet, be bald.
3. Roy Berry – Everything is worth something. Pay close attention to the little things. Be a soul detective.
4. Jimmy Islip – Everywhere has a backdoor. Always know at least one good joke for the crowd and and fifty bad ones for the drive.
5. Toby Jeg – Records cost money. Watch out for bullies. Always stand for what you think is right in the moment, you can say sorry later. Be generous.
6. Chris McCaughan – Stand up straight, appreciate light, be patient, be mindful, slow down.
7. Jeff Funburg – Stand for something. Twerking is as high an art form as opera or sculpture. Be a friend to the road and the road will be a friend to you.
8. Frank Turner – Go big with a pretty girl on your arm and the world will trip over its lips to suck your dick off.
9. Sam, Barman at Huddle’s in Newport, Kentucky – A honeymoon ain’t always a holiday.
10. Tim Barry – Never do anything just because. Know your mission and always give everything you have to give.
11. Neil Hennessey – Tinned peaches and cottage cheese can cure anything. The night is never over.
A lot of acoustic folk have been doing StageIt shows recently (Chuck/Tim) [doing live shows over the Internet via webcam] - How do you feel about this medium of performance and would you ever consider doing it, if the demand was there?
Finally Sam, what will it take for you to join Throwing Stuff permanently?